Assignment 2: The Statutes
- Analyze and evaluate each case independently by providing the following (about two paragraphs per case):
- Facts of the case
- Compare and contrast both cases in regards to the Anti-Miscegenation Statutes.
- Analyze how this statute could have influenced Brown v. Board of Education, 347 U.S. 483 (1954) and the Fourteenth Amendment.
- Explain the significance of this statute to the Defense of Marriage Act (DOM).
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply and rule on moral and ethical analysis to issues relevant to the public administration decision-making process.
- Interpret the language of the U.S. Constitution and the U.S. legal system in order to explain the principles and process of constitutional, regulatory, and administrative laws at the federal and state levels.
- Use the “case” approach to the U.S. legal system for researching cases, laws, and other legal communications using technology and information resources.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in constitution and administrative law.
- Write clearly and concisely about issues in constitution and administrative law using proper writing mechanics.