Plagiarism and Personal Responsibility
The State of Texas has mandated that all humanities courses give students an assignment demonstrating personal responsibility. The topic of the paper will be plagiarism.
The paper will be 350 – 500 words in length.
Copy the TEMPLATE for the paper and fill in the sections appropriately. (Points will be deducted if you do not use the template)
- Select ONE artist or musician or writer. (only one, NOT one of each). Be sure you select someone that you can find adequate information about.
- Copy and paste information on this person from three reputable internet sources (Note: Wikipedia is NOT considered a reputable research source.)
- Reword the information so there is NO trace of the original copied material. In other words, paraphrase all the information.
- Write a paragraph on the legal ramifications of plagiarism. State and explain at least TWO legal ramifications.
- Write a paragraph on the ethical ramifications of plagiarism. State and explain at least THREE ethical ramifications.
- Write a paragraph stating THREE reasons (with an explanation of each reason) on what YOUR personal responsibility is in relation to plagiarism in and out of your academic career.
- Include FULL citations from your sources at the bottom of the paper. (Just a web site URL is NOT a full citation.)
Paragraphs 1 and 2 = copied information from 3 internet sources. (10 points)
Paragraphs 3 and 4 = paraphrase information. (30 points)
Paragraph 5 = legal ramifications. (15 points)
Paragraph 6 = ethical ramifications. (15 points)
Paragraph 7 = personal responsibility. (20 points)
Full citations. (10 points)